Floor Seal is dedicated to providing sustainable and earth-friendly flooring solutions. All of our manufactured products comply with SCAQMD Rule 1113 VOC limits. We can also help design and install specialty concrete slab treatments and coatings that will contribute to your sustainability goals. Our service representatives are available to recommend sustainable product options.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®)
- The intent of the US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) program is to provide design guidelines and a third-party certification tool for sustainable building practices. Products are not certified under the LEED program. However, product selection may contribute to points in certain credit categories. Contact one of Floor Seal’s LEED Green Associates to learn more.
A/E Specification Development
Your project’s conditions and requirements are rarely “typical,” so why use the same specification section for every project? Whether you are using a specification service, an office master spec, or a manufacturer’s guide specification as found on this website, it will usually require significant revisions to meet the demands of your project. Floor Seal Technology can provide the free services of our CSI trained and certified representatives to help you develop the right specification for your construction documents.
Floor Seal Technology will bring an AIA-accredited Continuing Education presentation to your office on any of the following topics:
- MVE101 – Concrete Moisture Vapor Transmission Effects on Floor Covering Materials:
Floor failure examples
Basic concrete characteristics
Variables contributing to floor failures
Testing procedures & specifications
How to fix a moisture vapor issue
- VSPP309 – Flooring Issues Related to New Concrete Pours: Causes, Effects and New Approaches for Prevention:
Identify the potential challenges facing flooring installers resulting from concrete admixtures, finishing, and curing
Explain the causes of those concrete related floor issues
Review acceptable curing methods identified by the American Concrete Institute
Explore new approaches to preventing concrete related floor issues and delivering higher quality concrete slabs
- ACI308 – Optimal Curing Practices for Concrete Slabs Scheduled to Receive Floor Covering:
Identify the challenges facing flooring installers that result from improper concrete finishing and curing practices
List the acceptable curing methods identified by the American Concrete Institute
Understand the relationship between bleed water rate and evaporation rate during various environmental conditions
Employ practices for improving the quality of the concrete for receiving floor coverings
- FSTPOL – Designing and Specifying Polished Concrete for Performance, Aesthetics and Sustainability:
Process and installation
Precautions and avoidable problems
Decorative concrete alternatives
Sustainability and performance
Our centralized estimating department located in our Headquarter office can assist with pricing Floor Seal Technology’s products and systems nationwide. Whether you’re looking for a turnkey installation proposal, material pricing, budget guidance or value engineering options, our estimating services can serve as your one-stop resource. Contact an Estimator at: 800-572-2344
Floor Seal Technology employs several qualified concrete moisture testing technicians to assist you with evaluation during design, construction or remediation phases. Our technicians are trained on the latest ASTM F1869 water vapor emission, F2170 in-situ relative humidity and F710 alkalinity testing protocols. If you are looking for an independent testing agency, we can refer you!
Floor Flatness and Levelness Survey
We can survey your existing concrete slab to determine any unevenness or undulations in the slab that could affect flooring transitions and tolerances. This information can be extremely valuable during the design or construction phase of your project to better prepare for any floor leveling work that may be required to meet flooring and fixture requirements.
Floor Failure Analysis
Are you dealing with a flooring failure or problem over a concrete slab? Floor Seal Technology employs industry experts that have seen it all. With in-house testing equipment, our investigators can effectively test (both destructive and non-destructive), diagnose and provide recommended repair procedures of root causes of many different flooring issues. Our experts have performed:
- Concrete Coring: Determine the construction and design of your concrete and sub-grade to determine conformance with flooring requirements and specifications
- Petrographic Analysis: Microscopic inspection of concrete mix and aggregate to determine if slab is defective and potential rehabilitative options. This analysis is also useful in determining the effectiveness of concrete curing practices
- Tensile Strength: Evaluation and pull-off strength of concrete surface to determine if concrete surface is suitable for applied flooring
Concrete Placement + Finishing Quality Control
Tired of repeated change orders for “extensive floor prep” towards the end of your project because of deficient concrete floor slabs? Floor Seal Technology is often trusted to provide quality control services during the placement and finishing of a concrete slab to remedy the common practices that lead to expensive floor prep requirements later in the project. Our concrete and flooring expertise allows us to bridge the gap between concrete and flooring trades, and address many of the conflicts between the two stemming from the project specifications.